There are two ways to filter on this screen. You can filter on an event type by clicking on either ‘RFQ’ or ‘Auctions’ at the top of the screen. Clicking on the home icon shows all event types.
Another way to filter the list of events you see on the screen is by typing either all or part of an event name in the Filter box (Figure 2). For example, typing “Pa” filters on ‘Packaging RFQ’ since that event starts with those characters. The filter is case-sensitive so be sure to capitalize the first letter! As another example, typing ‘nen’ shows the Electrical Components event since it contains that set of characters.
Click the ‘x’ icon to undo the filter.
Copy an Event
You can copy most elements of an event such as RFI questions, the cost calculation and event settings – along with the lots.
Click the down-arrow button next to 'Open' for the event you'd like to copy. Then, select 'Copy' (Figure 3).
Currently, the following elements can be copied:
- Event Design - this includes information on the 'Overview' screen, such as the summary, description, and currency data; RFI questions; cost formulas; and event settings
Archive an Event
Archiving an event hides it from the active view. The active view is the default filter for the 'All Events' screen. To view all events - both active and archived - click the down-arrow button to the right of the filter box and select 'Show All'.
To archive an event, click the down-arrow button next to 'Open' for that event. Then, select 'Archive'. The event disappears from the active view. Change the filter to 'All Events' to see the archived events.
To restore an archived event simply click the 'Restore' button next to the event.
Adding and Managing Team Members
If you are the event creator or have an 'Owner role' for an event (roles are explained below), you can add users to the event and manage their roles.
First, click on the down-arrow button next to the 'Open' button for the event. Then, select 'Manage Team'. You'll be presented with a list of users in the organization. You can narrow down the list by filtering on a name in the 'Filter users...' box. Click the ‘x’ button to reset the filter.
Next, assign a role to the selected user(s). By default, all users except the event creator have ‘No Access’. The roles are as follows:
- Owner – has full rights (can create, edit, and delete data) and add team members – it’s the same role assigned to the event creator
- Read/Write – cannot delete an event but can create, edit, and delete data
- Read Only – can view the information within an event but cannot add or modify data
- No Access – the event is hidden from view except for ‘Organization Owners’ (administrators), who can manage teams and roles for any event
After assigning a role to each user, click 'Close'. The users with assigned roles appear below the event name on the 'All Events' screen.
On the 'All Events' screen, note that each event has a state associated with it:
- Draft – the event is being readied and bidders can’t see the event
- Open – bidders can see the event (it has been published); however, it may not be open for bidding if the start date and time is later than the current date and time
- Closed – for auctions, when bidding has ended; for RFQ/Ps, when the final winning scenario has been selected
- Paused - the event has been paused by the purchaser; bidders won't be able to respond to RFI questions or enter bids
Only events in a 'Draft' state can be deleted.