Evaluate bidders on qualitative criteria by creating an RFI questionnaire.
Click 'Add question' to enter questions online, or use the 'Import questions' button to import a list of questions.
Note that the question text cannot be more than 255 characters. Use the 'Explanation' field to enter more details about a question.
Question Response Types
The following question response types are currently supported:
- Text – Text responses are ideal for explanations and comments. You can convert this to a drop-down selection by selecting “Yes” for ‘Restricted input?’ and then adding a list of values separated by commas (e.g., Red, Blue, Green, Orange). The bidder will only be able to pick from one of these values. To remove a restricted value, simply click the ‘x’ next to the value.
- Number – This response type expects a numeric response.
- Currency – Once this response type is chosen, you can decide if the bidders select the currency (“Bidder defined”) or if you select it for them (“Purchaser defined”). If it’s Purchaser defined, then you’ll also need to select a currency from a list (based on the currencies picked in the ‘Overview’ screen).
- Yes/No – This will appear as a Yes/No radio button selection for the bidder. Yes/No questions can be made ‘gating’ questions (meaning bidders can’t access the bid sheet unless they answer the question as ‘Yes’) by checking the ‘Bid sheet gating’ option.
- Date – The bidders will select a date from a calendar.
- File – The bidders will need to upload a file; supported formats are: .xlsx, .xls, .pdf, .docx, .doc, .odf, .csv, .txt, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .tiff, .tif, .bmp, .pptx, .ppsx, .pptm, .gif, .odt, and .zip
Modify questions that have been added to the RFI by clicking on the ‘Edit’ portion of the button to the right of a question (Figure 1). Delete a question by clicking on the down arrow symbol to the right of ‘Edit’ and selecting ‘Delete’.
Use the down arrow symbol to also select the ‘Attachments’ option, allowing you to attach one or more files to an RFI question.
|To re-arrange the question order, either: a) Drag-and-drop a question to the correct location or b) Click the drop-down arrow symbol to the right of ‘Edit’, and then click ‘Move Up’ or ‘Move Down’|
Bid Sheet Gating and Mandatory Questions
Any 'Yes/No' question can be converted into a gating question by checking the box next to 'Prevent users from accessing the bid sheet unless they respond to this question with 'Yes'.' The 'Bid Sheet' screen and associated screens will be inaccessible until a bidder answers 'Yes' to all gating questions.
Similarly, you can prevent bidders from accessing the 'Bid Sheet' screen and associated screens until they answer all mandatory questions by checking the box next to 'Prevent access to bid sheet until all mandatory questions are answered' (under the 'Add question' button).
Use the ‘Import questions’ feature to quickly add a large number of questions. The file that you import must:
- Be saved in the CSV (comma-separated values) file format.
- Contain, at a minimum, the following four columns:
- Question – the question text
- Mandatory – either ‘Yes’ or ‘No’
- Gating – Enter ‘Yes’ if the question is a gating question; otherwise, enter ‘No’
- Format – Must be one of the following: Text, Number, Currency, Date, File, Yes/No
Click on 'more info' in the 'Import Questions' window for further details.