This screen allows you to:
Pause an Event and Make Changes After Publishing
You can pause an event by either clicking the pause icon at the top of the navigation pane or by clicking 'Pause Event'.
While an event is paused, the bidders will see the following message on all event screens: "The event is currently paused and bidding is inaccessible as a result. Bidding will become accessible again once the event resumes." From the 'All Events' screen, you'll see a 'Paused' status for the event.
While the event is paused, you can:
- Add lots
- Add attributes (columns)
- Update lot values for attributes
- Upload and import event data, including new attributes with values
- Update the cost formula
- Add and invite bidders (including uploading a list of bidders)
- Add an RFI*
- Change the input type (e.g., Text to Number) for an RFI question as long as bidders haven't responded to that question
- Add and update RFI questions online and via import*
- Update RFI question attachments
- Add/modify secondary currencies and specify exchange rates
- Change lot visibility and bonus/malus values by bidder
- Place surrogate bids: A user can bid on behalf of a bidder by clicking 'Open' next to the bidder organization's name on the 'Bidder Activity' screen
*Users cannot create or modify gating questions once the event has been published
Resuming an Event
Before resuming an event, you must first click on 'Validate', allowing Sourcing Optimizer to perform validation checks to ensure that changes made during the pause state haven't adversely impacted the event (e.g., a lot has been added but it's missing values for required attributes). If the validation is successful, click 'Resume' (Figure 1). To resume the event at a future date and time, check the 'Resume at a future date' option, select that date and time, and then click 'Resume' (a countdown clock will then be displayed to users and bidders).
Note that, upon resuming the event or scheduling it to resume in the future, the event close date and time will automatically be extended by the amount of time the event was in a paused state. If you do not want Sourcing Optimizer to automatically extend the event, uncheck the box next to 'Extend closing date....' before clicking 'Resume Event'.
Change the Bidding Duration (Modify Closing Date and Time)
To change the closing date and time, click 'Change Duration' and specify the new closing date and time. Then, click 'Close' after viewing the confirmation message.
Close the Round/Event
To close an RFQ round or auction event at any time, click the 'Close Event/Round' button. You'll be prompted to confirm the action; click 'Yes, close round/event'.
Re-open an RFQ Round or Auction
Once an RFQ round or auction event ends, you'll see a 'Re-open Round' (RFQ events) or 'Re-Open Event' (auction events) section at the bottom of the screen, with two parts:
- Click 'Show date picker' and use the calendar feature to establish a new end date and time for the re-opened round or auction
- Click 'Re-open Round' (RFQ events) or 'Re-open Event' (auction events) to re-open the existing round/auction. Note that Sourcing Optimizer does not send a notification when the round is re-opened.