The Limit award rule can be used to force-award lots to bidders, to ensure lots are not awarded to bidders, to limit the turnover or spend awarded to bidders, to limit the volume awarded to bidders, and to create many other varied and complex rules, depending on your requirements. You can specify bidders, groups of bidders, lots, and groups of lots that the rule applies to.
The Limit award rule page features two tabs: Rule conditions, and Rule details.
Configure the conditions and logic of the rule on the Rule conditions tab, and create a custom description or relaxation threshold for the rule on the Rule details tab.
- Limit the award of - Select the metric to limit the award by.
- Lots: Set the award limit in terms of lots.
- Turnover: Set the award limit in terms of bidder spend. The limitation uses the value according to the scenario’s cost calculation rule.
- Volume: Set the award limit in terms of a specific purchaser-input bid sheet column; this column can be selected from the dropdown list.
- for - Select which bidders to apply the rule to.
- All bidders: Apply the rule to all bidders in the event.
- Specific bidders: Select specific bidders to apply the rule to from the dropdown list.
- Bidders in group: Select specific bidder groups to apply the rule to from the dropdown list.
- Bidders not in group: Select specific bidder groups to not apply the rule to from the dropdown list.
- Incumbents: Apply the rule to bidders on lots where they have been specified as the incumbent.
- Across bidders: Select whether the rule is applied to each bidder, to any bidder, to each winner, or across bidders.
- on - Select which lots to apply the rule to.
- All lots: Apply the rule to all lots in the event
- Specific lots: Select specific lots to apply the rule to from the dropdown list.
- Lots in group: Select specific lot groups to apply the rule to from the dropdown list.
- Lots not in group: Select specific lot groups to not apply the rule to from the dropdown list.
- Grouped by: Apply the rule to lots grouped by the selected bid sheet columns.
- to - Select a value limit type for the award. You can limit the award by a fixed value or a proportional value.
- At least: Select to set a minimum value the award can be.
- At most: Select to set a maximum value the award can be.
- Exactly: Select to set an exact value the award must be.
- Custom description - Enter a custom description of your rule that will appear in addition to the auto-generated description created by Sourcing Optimizer. This custom description is a useful way of adding context for the purpose of your rule.
- Relaxation threshold - Enter a numeric cost value as the threshold after which the rule is ignored. A relaxation threshold sets an upper limit on the cost impact of a rule. If the cost impact of the rule is higher than the relaxation threshold you entered, the rule is ignored in the scenario evaluation.