The ‘Bid Analysis’ screen displays bids across rounds, by lot and bidder.
At the top of the screen, you can filter the bids based on the following displayed columns: Round, Lot, Bidder, Value, and Adjusted Value
Enter values in the ‘filter by…’ box for a column or quickly filter on bids by clicking on a value, such as Part 1001 in the example below.
Note the pagination. You may need to adjust the number of bids displayed, or click on a page number to view additional bids.
To view all the bids offline, click ‘Download’ to download and view the ‘Bidding Analysis’ report.
Click the 'Round Chart' tab on this screen to view a graphical representation of the data. Use the filters at the top left to select the bidder(s) and lot(s). Use the drop-down at the top right to specify whether the chart shows bid values, adjusted bid values, or the number of lots with bids.
Click the 'Reports' tab to download a customized bid summary report (Advanced bid summary report). Click the 'Customize report' option to display the following report options:
The default report provides the bid values for all lots per bidder. Users can click the ‘Customize report’ option to enable the following worksheets in their report (Fig 7):
- Coverage analysis: Shows the number of complete bids per lot/group as well as the number of complete bids per bidder.
- Absolute gap analysis: Shows the difference between each bidder's bid and the first place bid for every lot/group
- Proportionate gap analysis: Shows the difference between each bidder's bid and the first place bid as a percentage for every lot/group
- Rank analysis: Shows the top N ranked bids and bidders per lot/group.
- Rank Range: Consider the top N bids when performing a rank analysis
- Use Cost Calculation Rules from: Select scenario with the applicable rules the report will use to calculate the bid values in the report.
- Lot included: Select a lot group to use as a filter (i.e. only the lots in the selected lot group will appear in the report)
- Group lots by: These allow the user to group lots according to unique values in the bid sheet (e.g., Country, Business Unit, etc.). Bidder performance is then aggregated at that level
- Grouping strategy: This section provides options on how to handle partial coverage situations when aggregating lots into groups. There are four options:
- Include their bids: No modifications; the results will be based on incomplete coverage.
- Exclude their bids: Excludes bids that don't cover all lots in a group (e.g., if Supplier A bid on one of two locations for the group 'Alberta' then Supplier A won't be considered for that group).
- Use the least competitive bid for missing values: This will replace any missing bid values with the highest bid of a competitor when calculating group totals.
- Use the most competitive bid for missing values: This will replace any missing bid values with the lowest bid of a competitor when calculating group totals.