You can set up an additional layer of security that uses a time-based one-time password (TOTP) system as a second factor in user authentication. Before setting up two-factor authentication, ensure that your smartphone has a TOTP-compliant application such as Google Authenticator or Authy.
- In the top-right corner of the page, click your account.
- Click Account Settings.
- In the Your Account section, click Personal Settings.
- In the Personal Settings section, click Two Factor Authentication is disabled.
- Enter your password in the Confirm your password field.
- Using your authenticator application on your device, scan the QR code.
Your authenticator application generates a six-digit code.
- Enter the six-digit code in the Confirm your 6 digit code field.
- Click Enable.
Two-factor authentication is now enabled.