On the Questions tab, you can create questions for your RFI. Sourcing Optimizer provides a question-creating tool that enables you to design RFIs to be as simple or as complex as you require. Refer to the information provided below if you are creating your RFI online in Sourcing Optimizer, or offline using the downloaded template.
The Actions icon in the top-right of the Questions tab provides additional options to copy an existing RFI or delete all questions.
- Identifier (Optional): Enter a unique identifier name for this question that complements the question number. The identifier is displayed to the bidder and in error messages.
- Response: Select one of the following response requirements:
- Gating: Bidders are required to provide an answer to access the bid sheet. If you require bidders to provide a specific response, select the Single-choice input type and mark the required response.
- Mandatory: Bidders are expected to provide an answer, but can access the bid sheet without providing an answer.
- Optional: Bidders are not required to answer this question and can access the bid sheet without providing an answer.
- Input Type: Select one of the following input types:
- Text: Select this input type if you require a text response.
- Number: Select this input type if you require a numerical response. After you select this option, you can set the minimum and maximum values for responses using the Minimum value and Maximum value fields.
- Currency: After you select this input type, you can select if the currency is bidder-defined or purchaser-defined. If the currency is purchaser-defined, you must select a currency from the dropdown list. This list is populated with currencies you created in the Design > Overview menu.
- Single-choice: Select this input type if you want to create a question with multiple options that requires a single response from bidders. After you select this option, you can add answer choices manually using the Add button, or copy a list of answer choices using the Import button.
- Multiple-choice: Select this input type if you want to create a question with multiple options that allows bidders to include more than one response. After you select this option, you can add answer choices manually using the Add button, or copy a list of answer choices using the Import button.
- Date: Select this input type if you require a date as a response. The bidder selects a date from a calendar.
- File: Select this input type if you require a file to be uploaded in the response. The bidder drags and drops or chooses a file to upload. The following file formats are supported: .xlsx, .xls, .pdf, .docx, .doc, .odf, .csv, .txt, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .tiff, .tif, .bmp, .pptx, .ppsx, .pptm, .gif, .odt, and .zip.
- Category (Optional): Select a category for the question. Use categories to group related questions. Bidders can quickly filter and navigate to questions based on these categories. This list is populated with categories that you can create in the Categories area in the top-left corner of the page.
- Allow comments: Select this checkbox to give bidders the option to include additional comments next to their provided answer.
- Supporting documents: Select this checkbox if you want to upload supporting documentation for the question. An option to drag and drop or select the file becomes available after you select the checkbox.