Formula columns enable you to automatically calculate and display subtotals to bidders. You can use bid sheet columns, arithmetic and comparison operators, and functions to build your formula columns.
For more information on building formulas, see Formulas and functions.
- Name - Enter a name for the column.
- Description - Optionally, enter a description for the column.
- Input source - Select the Calculate values with a formula checkbox to use a formula to calculate the values in the column.
- Visibility - Select whether the column will be visible to bidders or hidden from bidders.
- Result type - Select the data type that the formula results will be displayed as: Text, Number, or Currency. If you select Number or Currency as the Result type, you can set the number of decimal points the entered values will round to from the Round formula results to list.
- Formula type - Select Live formula to add a formula column that automatically calculates values based on the created formula.
- Bid source - This option is only available for a column that uses a Feedback formula. If Live formula is selected as the Formula type, the values update after rounds close, after bids are submitted, and dynamically in Excel.
To add a formula column to your bid sheet, complete the following steps:
- Go to Design > Bid Sheet.
- Click the Columns tab.
- Click Add a column.
- Enter the column name in the Name field.
- Optional: Enter a column description in the Description field.
- Under Input source, select the Calculate values with a formula checkbox.
- Click a Visibility option.
- Click a Result type option.
- Optional: Select the number of decimal points the entered values will round to from the Round formula results to list.
- Under Formula type, click Live formula.
- In the Formula area, enter the formula in the Enter a formula field, or else use the buttons provided to build your formula.
- Click Test this formula to test if your formula is correct.
- At the top of the page, click Save changes.