You can communicate with bidders in Sourcing Optimizer using the Messaging page. You can send messages to all bidders, specific groups of bidders, or individual bidders. Sourcing Optimizer offers one-way and two-way messaging. For more information on configuring Messaging settings, see Editing the Messaging settings.
You can send messages to bidders who have not yet been invited to the event or bidders that have not accepted the invite; after the bidder accepts the invitation and opens the event, they can view the messages.
- Channels area - This section of the page lists the available messaging channels.
- Select Broadcast to send a message to every bidder in the event. You can also use this channel to send a message to a number of specific bidders using the Select recipients area.
- Select a bidder from the Direct Messages area to communicate directly with that bidder organization. You can also use the Filter… field to filter the list of bidder channels.
- Channel information - This area displays information about the currently selected channel. The message box contains the channel’s message history.
- Select recipients - Select bidders to send the same message to multiple bidder organizations. Use the checkboxes or else click the dropdown arrow on the Select all split button and select one of the options.
- Compose message area - Type your message in the Enter a message… textbox, and then click Send message to send the message to a selected bidder or group of bidders.