To reopen bidding and continue the event after it has been paused, you must first validate, and then resume the event. Validation checks for any errors that may have occurred when changes were made.
When resuming an event, you have the option to extend the closing date by the amount of time that the event was paused for. If you do not want to resume the event immediately, you can configure a date and time in the future for the event to resume.
To resume an event, complete the following steps:
- Go to Bid > Management.
- Optional: To extend the bidding duration by the length of time that the event was paused for, select the Extend closing date by the duration for which the event was paused checkbox.
- Optional: To set the event to resume at a future date, complete the following steps:
- Select the Resume event and reopen round at a future date checkbox.
- Select a date from the calendar.
- Select the hour.
- Select the minute.
- Click Validate.
- After your event is successfully validated, click Resume.
- Optional: To notify bidders by email that the event has been resumed, select the Notify bidders checkbox.
- Click Resume.
Because pausing the event reduces the amount of bidding time available to bidders, you may want to extend the duration of the round to compensate for this reduction.