The General tab features configurable event settings relating to bidding, design, and notifications.
Select how bidders submit their bids.
- Online using Sourcing Optimizer: Bidders can only submit their bids online using Sourcing Optimizer.
- Offline using an Excel file: Bidders can only submit their bids by downloading an Excel file, populating it, and then uploading it to Sourcing Optimizer.
- Using either: Bidders can submit their bids online using Sourcing Optimizer or by uploading an Excel file.
Allow bidders to offer discounts on awarded groups of lots.
If you enable this setting, bidders can provide discounts on a group of lots if they are awarded all of the lots, or a specific number of lots, in that group.
Bidders can offer multiple tiered discounts of different proportionate values based on two different criteria:
- Number of lots awarded: Bidders offer a discount subject to being awarded a specific number of lots.
- Expected turnover: Bidders offer a discount subject to being awarded a certain value of turnover.
- Volume: Bidders can offer a discount subject to being awarded a certain amount of volume.
Allow shares of individual lots to be awarded to multiple bidders. Use the Minimum share size field to set the minimum percentage of a lot a bidder must be awarded.
After you enable Split configuration, the Split Configuration submenu becomes available in the Design menu. For more detailed information, see Split configuration overview and Configuring split awards.
Minimum bid decrement
Require that bidders improve their bid values when submitting bids.
The minimum bid decrement is the minimum amount by which a bidder must reduce their current bid.
To enable this setting, you must first assign the Bid decrement role to a column on the Columns tab of the Bid Sheet page.
After you enable this setting, select how the bids satisfy the decrement in the Bids must satisfy the decrement on section.
- All lots: The bidder must meet the minimum decrement for each lot.
- At least one lot: The bidder must meet the minimum decrement for at least one lot.
- Sum across all lots: The bidder must adjust the bid value for one or more lots so that the total adjustment is at least the sum of the minimum bid decrements for all the lots.
Then, select how the decrement is calculated in the Calculate decrement based on section.
- Current lot bid: The decrement is based on the bidder’s current bid.
- Next ranked lot bid: The decrement is based on the next-ranked lot bid relative to the bidder.
- First ranked lot bid: The decrement is based on the first-ranked lot bid.
- Winning lot bid: The decrement is based on the lot bid that is currently winning.
Allow bidders to submit bids without populating every mandatory bid sheet column.
Scenario evaluations exclude partial bids.
Allow bidders to submit bids that are less than or equal to zero according to the cost formula.
Allow bidders to submit bids that are less competitive than their previous bid.
Bid change limit
Limit the bid value difference allowed between bids. Use the Maximum change field to set the maximum percentage value that a bid can change by.
Bidders can exceed the Maximum change limit to meet bid decrement rules.
Allow bidders to remove bids that have already been submitted.
Rank bidders by the sum of all of their lot bids. To be eligible for ranking, bidders must bid on all lots. Use the Maximum number of winners field to set the maximum number of winners in the event. This setting is only available for auction events.
Notify bidders when a new round is scheduled.
Blocked bidders are not notified.
Bid upload processed
Notify bidders when their uploaded bids have been processed.