On the Overview tab, you can select a visualization to display, view the visualization, and use the available controls to interact with the visualization.
- Visualization list: Select a visualization to display and interact with from the list. Initially, you can select from the available preconfigured visualizations. After you configure new visualizations, you can select them from this list.
- Controls: Use the controls to select measures, sort the data, and apply filters to the data in the visualization. The available options depend on the selected visualization type and configuration.
- Visualization: View your data visualization and interact with it by hovering over elements to view additional measures.
- Zoom and Scroll bar: Use this bar to drill down into the visualization and refine your view. This is particularly useful for visualizations with many distinct data points.
The Controls sidebar features a range of interactive controls that you can configure to refine and update the data in the visualization. The visualization updates as you use the controls.
Click Hide controls to hide the controls sidebar and expand the view of the visualization. Click Show controls to display the controls sidebar.
Measures quantify the data displayed in the visualization.
You can create multiple measures for a visualization. The measure selected in the Measures list is assigned as the primary measure in the visualization; if you configure more than one measure for a visualization, you can view the additional measures by hovering over a point on the visualization.
An example detailing the use of measures in a bar chart visualization is explained below.
In this example, three measures are configured for the visualization: Pre Discount Cost, Historic Cost, and Savings.
- Measure: The selected measure, Pre Discount Cost, is displayed as the primary measure.
- Additional measures: Hovering over a data point displays a tooltip with the selected measure and the additional measures, Historic Cost and Savings, that have been configured for the visualization.
Sorting enables you to sort the data by value or by label, in ascending or descending order. Select either Label or Value from the Sorting list, and use the Sorting icon next to the list to sort the data.
- For numerical values, you can sort the data from lowest to highest or from highest to lowest.
- For text labels, you can sort the data in alphabetical order or reverse-alphabetical order.
Filters enable you to include or exclude data from a visualization. Numeric and text-based filters are available, depending on the input type of the column.
In a multi-round event, all rounds are displayed concurrently. To view the data from a specific round, ensure that the relevant round is selected in the Filter controls.
- Numeric filters: To filter numeric values, you can use a range slider, enter the values in the provided parameter fields, or use the up and down arrows to increase or decrease the values in the parameter fields.
- Text-based filters: To filter text-based inputs, you can select or deselect the relevant checkboxes to include or exclude the data.