You can create a new event from the Events page.
Before creating your sourcing event, consider the type of event you want to run. Sourcing Optimizer offers three types of events.
- RFQ: A round-based event where feedback is provided after each round.
- Auction: A continuous event where feedback is provided as soon as a bid is received.
- Purchaser-only RFQ: A single-round event where bids are collected outside of Sourcing Optimizer and uploaded for analysis.
Your sourcing event can be a live event or a test event.
- Live event: A real-world event with no restrictions on the number of bidders that can be invited.
Live events are used to run real sourcing events with actual bidders.
- Test event: A trial event with restrictions on the number of bidders that can be invited.
Test events are often used to trial an event design and process, perform internal testing, or train users before creating a live event.
To create a new event, complete the following steps:
- On the Events page, in the top-right corner of the page, click Create event.
- Enter the event name in the Event name field.
- Click an Event type.
- Click a Status.
- Click Create event.