On the Overview tab, you can view visualizations, use the available controls to interact with the visualizations, and configure global filters.
- Configure layout: Click to open the Overview configuration page and configure the layout of your visualizations. For more information, see Configuring the overview layout.
- Fullscreen view: Click to enter a fullscreen mode that removes the Sourcing Optimizer navigation bar, menu, and tabs, providing you with additional screen space, and enabling you to focus completely on your visualizations.
- Show/hide global filters: Click to show or hide the global filters configuration area. Use this area to apply filters to all visualizations at once, which enables you to include or exclude data from all visualizations in parallel.
- Controls: Use the controls to select measures, sort the data, show or hide labels, and apply filters to the data in the visualization. The available options depend on the selected visualization type and configuration.
- Download image: Click to download the chart image for offline analysis, reports, or presentations.
- Visualization: View your data visualization and interact with it by hovering over elements to display the tooltip and view additional measures.
- Zoom and Scroll bar: Use this bar to drill down into the visualization and refine your view. This is particularly useful for visualizations with many distinct data points.
Use the global filters area to apply filters to all visualizations at once. This enables you to include or exclude data from all visualizations in parallel.
Click Show global filters to open the global filters area. Click Hide global filters to close the global filters area.
Select the column you want to add from the Add global filters section, and configure the filter settings in the Global filters section.
Global filters supersede filters applied to individual visualizations. For example, if a global filter uses the same column as a filter applied to a single visualization, the single visualization filter will be disabled.
The Controls sidebar features a range of interactive controls that you can configure to refine and update the data in the visualization. The visualization updates as you use the controls.
Click Hide controls to hide the controls sidebar and expand the view of the visualization. Click Show controls to display the controls sidebar.
Measures quantify the data displayed in the visualization.
You can create multiple measures for a visualization. The measure selected in the Measures list is assigned as the primary measure in the visualization; if you configure more than one measure for a visualization, you can view the additional measures by hovering over a point on the visualization.
An example detailing the use of measures in a bar chart visualization is explained below.
In this example, three measures are configured for the visualization: Pre Discount Cost, Historic Cost, and Savings.
- Measure: The selected measure, Pre Discount Cost, is displayed as the primary measure.
- Additional measures: Hovering over a data point displays a tooltip with the selected measure and the additional measures, Historic Cost and Savings, that have been configured for the visualization.
Sorting enables you to sort the data by value or by label, in ascending or descending order. Select either Label or Value from the Sorting list, and use the Sorting icon next to the list to sort the data.
- For numerical values, you can sort the data from lowest to highest or from highest to lowest.
- For text labels, you can sort the data in alphabetical order or reverse-alphabetical order.
The option to sort the data is not available for scatter charts or bubble charts.
Click Hide to hide the data point labels on the visualization. Click Show to display the labels.
Filters enable you to include or exclude data from a visualization. Numeric and text-based filters are available, depending on the input type of the column.
In a multi-round event, all rounds are displayed concurrently. To view the data from a specific round, ensure that the relevant round is selected in the Filter controls.
- Numeric filters: To filter numeric values, you can use a range slider, enter the values in the provided parameter fields, or use the up and down arrows to increase or decrease the values in the parameter fields.
- Text-based filters: To filter text-based inputs, you can select or deselect the relevant checkboxes to include or exclude the data.