You can use the Bot chat window to manage rate requests. For each rate request, there are three important stages where approvers interact with the Sourcing Bot to decide the next course of action for the request. This article describes the Bot chat window interface and the available actions at each stage of the rate request process.
Approving a request
When managing a rate request, the first step is to approve or decline the request. After a requester submits a new rate request, you receive a notification and a new message from the Sourcing Bot.
The Sourcing Bot provides you with a summary of the rate request. You have three options:
- Approve the request: Approve the request to proceed with the rate request. After you approve the request, the Sourcing Bot contacts the invited suppliers for rates and the requester is notified that the request has been approved.
- Update the suppliers: The Sourcing Bot uses its supplier recommendation feature to select appropriate suppliers for the request based on the rate request details. However, you can add additional suppliers before the Sourcing Bot launches the spot bid or mini-tender. After you update the suppliers, the Sourcing Bot contacts the invited suppliers for rates.
- Decline the request: If the rate request is unsuitable, you can decline the request. The requester is notified that the request has been declined.
After the request has been approved, the Sourcing Bot contacts the invited suppliers for rates and begins monitoring bidding. You receive a notification and a message from the Sourcing Bot when new bids are received and when bidding closes.
Throughout the bidding process, the Sourcing Bot notifies you of all bid updates. During this stage, you have two options:
- Adjust the bidding deadline: You can adjust the bidding deadline to extend or curtail the time and date that bidding closes. After you adjust the bidding deadline, invited suppliers are notified of the change, unless you deselect a checkbox for notifying suppliers.
- Close bidding early: If required, you can close bidding early. Bidding closes as soon as you confirm this action.
Awarding the lanes
The last step when managing a rate request is to award lanes to suppliers. After bidding concludes, the Sourcing Bot presents you with the available bids.
After this stage, you have three options:
- Award the lane: After you select to award the lane, you are presented with a multiselect form. You can select any combination of available bids. After the lanes are awarded, awarded suppliers are notified they have been awarded lanes, unawarded suppliers are notified that they have not been awarded lanes, and your rate card is updated with the awarded rate.
- Reopen bidding: You can reopen bidding by extending the bidding deadline. After you adjust the bidding deadline, invited suppliers are notified of the change, unless you deselect a checkbox for notifying suppliers.
- Do not award the lane: You can choose to not award the lane. Optionally, you can submit a reason for not awarding the lanes.