If you configure your cost calculation incorrectly or realize at a later stage that you want to change it, you can edit and update it after the event is published.
Updating the cost calculation during a live round requires a number of actions in different areas of the application. Each action is presented with a screenshot of the area in which to perform the action below. Each step in the process is described in an end-to-end procedure afterwards.
If you are updating the cost calculation during a live event, ensure that you communicate any possible impact to the bidders. This process can take 15-30 minutes depending on requirements, so bidders should be made aware of this delay.
Because updating the cost calculation during a live event requires that the current round is closed and a new round is created, you may want to adjust the names of upcoming rounds or communicate in advance the change that bidders will see in their view.
Closing the round and pausing the event
Updating your cost calculation to the new formula
After closing the round and pausing the event, you can now update your cost calculation formula. For more information on this topic, see Cost Calculation page and Creating a primary cost calculation formula.
Validating and resuming the event
After you have updated your cost calculation formula, you must validate the event to ensure that there are no issues with any updates made while the event was paused, and then resume the event. For more information on this topic, see Resuming an event.
Selecting the winning outcome to award and close the round
Next, in order to close the round and open a new round of bidding with the updated cost calculation, you must evaluate a scenario and then choose that scenario as the winning outcome. For more information on these topics, see Evaluating scenarios and Choosing a winning scenario.
Creating or progressing to the next round
Finally, you must create a new round or progress to the next round. If you have not configured another round, you are presented with the Create a new round option; if you have configured another round of bidding, you are presented with the Progress to the next round. For more information on this topic, see Choosing a winning scenario.
To update the cost calculation during a live round, complete the following steps:
- Close the round and pause the event.
- Go to Bid > Management.
- In the Close Round section, click Close Round.
- In the Pause Event section, click Pause Event.
- Update your cost calculation.
- Go to Design > Cost Calculation
- Enter the formula in the Enter a formula field, or else use the operator, function, and column buttons to build your formula.
- Validate and resume the event.
- Go to Bid > Management.
- In the Resume Event section, click Validate.
- After the event has been successfully validated, click Resume.
- Select the winning outcome and award the round.
- Go to Evaluate > Scenarios.
- In the Scenarios table, in the Low Cost Baseline row, click Evaluate.
- Go to Award > Winning Outcome.
- Select Low Cost Baseline from the dropdown list, and then click Choose.
- Create or progress to the next round.
- If you have not created another round, click Create a new round to create and configure the next round.
- If you have already created another round, click Progress to the next round.