In Autonomous Sourcing, there are bot user roles that can be assigned to a user or a team within an account. The role for which a user or team is assigned will determine the user's permissions or abilities.
The Bots tab displays only Bots that they have the Bot Owner role for. There must be at least one Bot Owner for each Bot.
Bot user roles
Users and teams can be given a role within a bot. A user or team can only be assigned one role per Bot, but they can be assigned the same role or a different role on another Bot.
There are three types of bot user roles:
- Bot Owner: The user can create a request, see their requests, see requests created by other users in their organization, and manage user access. The Bot Owner can also perform any action on any step for a request.
- Standard User: The user can create a request, see their own request, and see requests created by other users within their organization
- Restricted User: The user can create a request and see their own request
Please reach out to the support team if you need to change the assignment of Approvers, Supplier Selectors or Awarders.
Table 1 lists the bot user roles available for each user account
|Permissions||Bot Owner||Standard User||Restricted User|
|Configure Bot user role||Yes||No||No|
|Create a request||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|View my requests||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|View all requests||Yes||Yes||No|
Table 1. Autonomous Sourcing Bot user roles
How to assign bot roles
Users are searchable by name or email address. Teams are searchable by their assigned team name.
Add a user or team
To add a user or team:
- On the Bots tab, click the Add users button on the top right of the page
- Select the role you want to assign them
- Begin to type in the user name or team name into the search box, and dropdown list of available users will appear
- Click on the user or team you would like to add
- Click the Add users button on the top right of the page
Remove a user or team
To remove a user or team:
- On the Bots tab, navigate to the name of the user or team you would like to remove
- Click on Remove to remove any roles assigned to the user or team
- Confirm the action by clicking the red Remove button on the confirmation modal, or click Cancel
- Upon clicking Remove, the user or team role is then removed
Change user or team role
To change a bot role, complete the following steps:
- In Automation, click on the Bots tab
- To select a bot, you can either click on the name of the bot for which you would like to assign a role, or hover over the ellipses icon and click Mange users when it appears
- A list of users for a bot is presented in table format, along with their email address and assigned role. To change the role of a current user, click on the Role text box and select a new role for the user or team