To begin the sourcing request process, navigate to the Requests tab of the Autonomous Sourcing page. Click the button that says New request and follow the guided steps on the screen.
To successfully navigate through the New Request process, it is strongly advised that you open a parallel window to display the interface of Autonomous Sourcing alongside this guide.
This section lists all available Bots that can be selected for your request. The name of the Bot and a brief description are provided. Click Select Bot to use the Bot for the request.
The New item form is a template designed for your organization’s specifications. It contains the relevant fields, selectable dropdown lists, and data entry inputs used to complete your request.
- To enter the Request details, select Add item
- Enter the details of the request in the form provided, and then click Save
- Repeat these steps for each item of the request. Additionally, you can edit, copy, and delete a request item before moving to the next stage.
- Click Continue once all items have been added
- Bidding deadline: Enter a date and time for the bidding to end
- Event information: Enter a name for the event
Optional: Enter any additional details in the description box provided, or add a welcome message
- Supporting documents: Add supporting documents
Optional: Add supporting documents to provide additional information on items to bidders. If included, any additional details will appear in the supplier invitation email.
Depending on the configuration of the bot, there are different settings that might be available.
Click Continue to move to the next step.
Review a summary of your request to ensure all the entered and selected details are correct, and then click Submit. After you submit your request, you can return to the Requests tab of the Sourcing Automation page.
Delete a draft request
To delete a draft request, click on the trash can icon next to the request name on the Request page.
The request status must say Draft in order to delete the request